Friday, 3 May 2013

Friday Five - So Many Good Things

There has been so much fabulous book news while I've been off line! Here are a five of my favourites.

1) Melina Marchetta was answering questions on Goodreads.

 I'm so excited to hear that Jimmy (from Saving Francesca) is camping out in her head. I long,  LONG for another book about those characters. I also love the sound of her new book.

2) Four books from my Top Ten to Read in 2013 list got covers.





They'll be such a pretty additions to my bookshelves  Although I am sad that they dropped the silhouette covers for The Lynburn Legacy books, I loved them. The new look is pretty striking though, I really like the font they picked.


3) Elizabeth Scott has a new book coming out on September HeartBeat. I'm so excited, Elizabeth Scott is an auto buy author for me and this sounds so good.


Life. Death. And...Love?
Emma would give anything to talk to her mother one last time. Tell her about her slipping grades, her anger with her stepfather, and the boy with the bad reputation who might be the only one Emma can be herself with.
But Emma can't tell her mother anything. Because her mother is brain-dead and being kept alive by machines for the baby growing inside her.
Meeting bad-boy Caleb Harrison wouldn't have interested Old Emma. But New Emma-the one who exists in a fog of grief, who no longer cares about school, whose only social outlet is her best friend Olivia-New Emma is startled by the connection she and Caleb forge.
Feeling her own heart beat again wakes Emma from the grief that has grayed her existence. Is there hope for life after death-and maybe, for love?


4) The Countdown to The Great Gatsby is on. 16th May here in the UK! I kind of want to buy a hat or a headband to wear to the cinema.




5) I've read a lot of blog posts over the last month, but this one, by Jo Knowles, is the one that stuck in my head the most - The Smallest Gesture

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments, so thanks so much for taking the time. I'll try and return the favour :D