Saturday, 9 February 2013

I Love my Library!

Today is National Libraries Day in the UK, I absolutely love my local library, it's small but lovely. My son and I try to visit every Friday to borrow books and enjoy story time. I love that he loves the library as much as I do.

Now the library would be fabulous all on it's own. It's a place dedicated to books and reading, what's not to love? But what makes our library extra special is our fabulous librarian, Kate. She is helpful and full of knowledge and always greets my son by name. One of the reason he loves going to library is to see her.

Today a part of the celebration of National Libraries Day there was this display. To encourage reading outside of your comfort zone.





So as well as picking up Where'd You Go Bernadette by Maria Semple, I also picked up this. So exciting!





Inside was this.


I love that title.


Long Live the Library!

What's your local library like? Do you love it?

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that is such a fun and creative idea!! I wish my library had that much imagination...so cool :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea for a library to do! It would be fun to host a party like this, where everyone brings a wrapped book to exchange. I love that you and Joelle posted about similar subjects today. Great minds think alike, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lulu - I know, I really love my library :)

    Kim - Isn't it, like a lucky dip for grown ups! It would be a great party to host.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Where'd You Go, Bernadette-- Hope you enjoyed it. I don't even know if the USA has a National Library Day. If we don't, we should. Your library sounds like a gem.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, so thanks so much for taking the time. I'll try and return the favour :D