Wednesday, 11 July 2012

Waiting on Wednesday for A Corner of White by Jaclyn Moriarty

Australian Cover

USA Cover




Madeleine Tully lives in Cambridge, England, the World – a city of spires, Isaac Newton and Auntie’s Tea Shop.

Elliot Baranski lives in Bonfire, the Farms, the Kingdom of Cello – where seasons roam, the Butterfly Child sleeps in a glass jar, and bells warn of attacks from dangerous Colours.

They are worlds apart – until a crack opens up between them; a corner of white – the slim seam of a letter.

A mesmerizing story of two worlds; the cracks between them, the science that binds them and the colours that infuse them. (from Goodreads)







I added A Corner of White to my Goodreads list back in December 2012, before it had a cover, or a synopsis, or even a title. 


Now it has all three, as well as a blurb from Markus Zusak ‘Perfectly strange, and absolutely comical and heartfelt ... Jaclyn Moriarty is one of the most original writers we have.’   


Jaclyn Moriarty is one of my favourite authors and I can't wait to read this one. I'm so excited I already have the Australian edition ordered from FishPond World. Although I may have to buy the US one when it comes out, as I think I love that cover most.


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

What are you waiting for?

6 comments:

  1. This sounds like a nice contemporary read :) I added it to my TBR list on goodreads :)

    My WOW this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blurb of this one I will be adding it to my TBR list :D And I love both covers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I actually, might have this book! I'll definitely have to write a review for it soon. Thanks for sharing! <3

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I shouldn't, but I like the US cover more (that never happens)! Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the US cover. so much.

    alexa, the book is beyond amazing

    x Nomes

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, man, i LOVE the US cover.

    this was SUCH a brilliant book.

    <3

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, so thanks so much for taking the time. I'll try and return the favour :D