1. best first chapter ~ I just started I Know it's Over and ~ whoa! ~ what a first chapter. Also loved Before I Fall
2. best climax ~ Five Flavors of Dumb by Antony John, very rock and roll :D
3. best ending ~ The Demon's Surrender by Sarah Ress Brennan - everyone where they should be,
happy sigh, but no perfect bow HEA <3
4. best plot twist/revelation (no spoilers!) ~ The Queen of Attiolia - Jaw dropped! Not once but twice! Good lord the twisty turns of these books.
5. scariest/most disturbing scene ~ ah I can't say it's such a spoiler if you haven't read the books. But I was shellshocked, shellshocked. The Demon's Surrender also had some disturbing moment, which made you think about the nature good and evil.
6. steamiest scene (or sweetest/sexiest kiss award) ~ Sweetest kiss ~ Robin and Sophie in What my Mother Doesn't Know by Sonja Sones. Sexist ~ Piper and Ed in Five Flavors of Dumb.
7. best swoon-worthy moment ~ Sin and Alan - swooning until I'm nothing but a little puddle of swoonyness on the floor.
8. biggest nail-biting moment ~ most of Divergent. Gah people jumping off things is terrifying to me.
9. most hilarious scene ~ The Demon's Surrender had lots of brilliant one liners. What Alice Forgot has some brilliant scenes and (this is a cheat as it was a re-read) but The Year of Secret Assignments just kills me ~ my ultimate put a smile on your face book.
10. most heart-breaking/tear-jerker moment ~ The Demon's Surrender "I missed you!" ~ had me in floods. The End of How I Live Now was completely heatbreaking
1. fave first sentence ~ Slight cheat here as it is the last two sentences of the first chapter
Mostly everything changed because of Edmond.
And so here's what happened.
2. fave book title ~ What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
3. fave reading experience (ie: created a great reading memory) ~ How I Live Now ~ sofa, chocolate, hot tea, rain pounding the windows up till 1am because I couldn't stop.
4. book with the best food in it (made me so crazy-envious-hungry) ~ Those rolls in What Happened to Goodbye sound amazing.
5. book with the most sensual weather (made you shiver/sweat) ~ Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma
6. most embarrassing book cover (feeling sheepish in public) ~ Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead :)
7. can’t believe you waited this long to read the book (!) ~ How I Live Now and The Queen's
Thief series. if you have not read them, well good grief you are in for a treat!!!
I had so much fun doing these list and my TBR pile has swelled enormously. Thanks to Nomes for hosting and to all of you for commenting (<3 comments) and recommending such great books. I'm looking forward to making a whole list in 2011, when hopefully I'll have a few more contenders (sorry for the repeats, well not really as I did love those books) :D
sorry for no photos, blogger won't upload :(