Thursday, 17 November 2011

Inspiration

We're half way through National Novel Writing Month and I'm in need of some inspiration - to keep going, to keep struggling through, when I'm not quite sure where I am going or what I am doing. I need a guiding light!

Luckily the internet is full of inspiring things, here's two blog posts I read this morning that inspired.

A Reminder of What Really Matters by Kristin Hoffman (link found at The Intern)

I loved this post, especially the end which I am sticking over my desk.


And then put everything out of mind when you’re sitting down to write. Because that’s your time, your space, your joyful play with the characters that you love and the world that you’ve built. Let nothing get in the way.

Yes let nothing get in the way, especially fear and doubt!

Second, Shannon Hale (who is always inspiring) is wrote about her struggles with her latest book in a post called Biting off  more than I can chew, and then chewing 

Cut out and keep quote -

"Write what you know" is for sissies.


Yeah it is.
Anything Inspiring you today?


5 comments:

  1. I've been reading the daily Nanowrimo tips on Alma Katsu's blog - very helpful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been inspired a lot by watching the BBC TV show Merlin. I don't know why, it just makes me want to write and write and write. It's very good. And pictures on tumblr inspires me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leanna - ooh I haven't read those i'll have to check them out.

    Amber - I've never seen Merlin, but I love the pictures on tumblr and pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always find music and pretty pictures inspire me. Or even just going somewhere beautiful (e.g beach, country) on my own and just taking everything in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, well now those quotes are inspiring me! I'm having wonderful fun right now playing with a new story. It feels like a delightful adventure!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, so thanks so much for taking the time. I'll try and return the favour :D