In her words (which are so much better than mine ~
1. favourite book read so far in 2011 ~ How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff. I can not even begin to tell you how much I love this book. It's pure brilliance and I'll be reading everything else by meg Rosoff.
2. most powerful book ~ How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff
3. brilliantly funny ~ The Demon's Surrender by Sarah Rees Brennan. It's not a comedy but lots of giggly moments and fabulous one liners.
4. best ache-y, heart-breaking, tear-jerker read ~ Where she Went by Gayle Foreman. *sob*
5. most beautiful story ~ Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma
6. delicious rainy day comfort read ~ What my Mother Doesn't Know by Sonja Sones. *sigh* I've re-read this four time now, I just love it.
7. adrenalin-fuelled, unputdownable award ~ Divergent by Veronica Roth
8. the beautiful prose award ~ Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma. Oh my goodness Nova Ren Suma just has this ability with words, it really is magical.
9. most atmospheric and vivid setting ~ Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma. The reservoir is like another character, a very scary one!
10. i-so-want-to-go-there award ~ Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohen and David Leviathan. New York, New York!
11. most original and imaginative ~ Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma
12. best under-appreciated, hidden gem book The Education of Hailey Kendrick by Eileen Cook
13. i-had-no-idea-i-would-love this-so award ~ The Thief (Book 1 of The Queen's Thief) by Megan Whalen Turner. I thought this was a typical adventure/quest book. It is SO much more.
14. most haunting story ~ The Invisible Bridge by Julia Orringer (not YA just FYI)
15. outside my comfort zone but gosh how i loved it ~ Seabiscuit by Laura Hillendbrand. non-ficiton about a racehorse and I couldn't put it down!
16. series that i’m loving ~ The Queen's Thief by Megan Whalen Turner
17. most memorable voice award ~ How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff
18. completely awesome premise award ~ What Alice Forgot by Laine Moriarty. Alice loses ten years of memories, oh how things have changed.
19. would make the best movie ~ Divergent by Veronica Roth
20. want to re-read already ~ How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff
So, yes, I guess we can safely say How I Live Now, Imaginary Girls and The Queen's Thief will be in my top ten of the year :D
Thanks for creating such a fun list Nomes, looking forward to Parts 2 and 3. Let me know if you've joined in so I can come see what your favourites are.