(image from Weheartit -it just makes me think of TPS)
I am in deep, deep love with this book. It has a place on the beloved books shelf of my bookcase. It's a re-read every year kind of book. It's a book that lingers.
But, in case you need a little more convincing on why this is the must read book of 2011. Here's a handy list, because who doesn't love a list?
1) It feels real. I swear it's like I could get on a plane to Australia, find my way to Stani's, and there everyone would be. That's how you know you're reading an outstanding book.
2) It has characters you root for, relate to, adore, and occasionally want to bash over the head with a frying pan. That's how you know it's real love ;)
3) You get to revisit the characters from Saving Francesca (what do you mean you haven't read it, get thee to a book store right now!)
4) It makes you laugh, and who doesn't like to laugh?
5) It makes you cry. Crying can be good - it's like rain and rainbows, right?
6) It breaks your heart.
7) But then it mends it.
8) Tom :) (and Francesca, Will, Tara, Georgie and Sam and Lucia)
9) It contains one of my favourite romantic lines of all time (of course it could just be me. Read it, see what you think).
10) It celebrates friends and family, in all their imperfect perfectness.
You can read my original review of The Piper's Son here and to enter my giveaway to win The Piper's Son go here.