1) If you are a regular here you will know I have a huge readergirl/writergirl crush on Melina Marchetta. She is one of my favourite authors ever. I love all her books, but Saving Francesca and now The Piper's Son have a special place in my heart.
Which makes me think I must have some seriously bad karma going on, because she is coming to Books of Wonder in New York City, along with the most amazing line up of YA authors (check out Maggie Stiefvaters blog for the list)
On the 19th March!!!
Which is 7 days after I leave the USA. I mean seriously world, seriously? You couldn't have made it the 5th when I will actually be in New York City?
But I would probably have gone all shy and babbled anyway, so may be it's actually the world taking care of me :)
I wonder if Books of Wonder Ships Internationally?
2) It is finally Spring here. Which is wonderful, but also making me sad, as spring is my favourite season in DC. I can't believe I won't see the Cherry Blossoms this year.
3) Anyone watching Any Human Heart on Masterpiece. Not only does it star matthew Macfadyen, but even more excitingly (X-Files's fans will understand the more excitingly) Gillian Anderson is playing Wallis Simpson in it. Ah, I miss The X-Files.
4) My son got his first handmade Valentine from his girlfriend. I think I need to write a children's book about them and have them go to all the places we love in DC and have adventures :)
5) Did anyone watch Jeopardy with the computer Watson playing? I had to check it out after reading Anna Jarzab's blogs on the subject. It was freaky! Definitely a book in there somewhere :) My favourite machine ever is the Robot (did it have a name?) in Lost in Space "Danger Will Robinson!"
Have great weekend everyone. Oh and Out of interest which authors would you take a five hour bus ride to see?