Friday, 31 December 2010

The one where I tell you what I read in 2010

I've been having a little internet break. I don't know about you but I always feel like the days between Christmas and New Year are the dead days when nothing happens. I had to mark the end of 2010 though, and what better way than a list of 2010 reads.

I was intending to borrow one of the rather brilliant meme's I've seen around the internet, but inspired by a recent Friends marathon, I thought I'd bring you my 2010 reads, Friends style.

So here we go. . .

The one I have a huge crush on

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. Who can resist the charms of this book?

The one that made me burn the midnight oil

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. Was anyone able to take a break from this book?

The one that lived up to the hype

Matched by Ally Condie. I know it hasn't been everyone's cup of tea but I truly adored it.

The one that tugged at my heart

The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson

The one that still haunts me

Grace by Elizabeth Scott. Oh, this book is so well done you'll be thinking about it months, possibly years afterwards.

The one whose world I want to live in (and my favourite book of 2010)

The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta. I do wish I could hang out with Tom and his friends and family.

The one with utterly beautiful imagery

A Little Wanting Song by Cath Crowley. Review to come in 2011 but I adored it.

The one that I've recommended the most

Restoring Harmony by Joelle Anthony. Love. This. Book.

The one that I has me dying for the sequel

The Demon's Covenant by Sarah Rees Brennan. Six months to wait!

The one with the best supernatural beings

Linger by Maggie Steifvater. Sam AND Cole - enough said!

The one I wish more people had read

Harmonic Feedback by Tara Kelly. So beautiful and real, please read it.

The one that broke my heart and left me cheering

The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney. A powerful read!

The one that made me rush out and buy all the authors other books

The Year of Secret Assignments by Jaclyn Moriarty

And that's it for 2010. 

It's been a great year both reading wise and life wise. Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to read and comment. It means a great deal to me.

If you'd like to tell me one of your favourite books of 2010 Friends style, that would be lovely.

Have a Happy, Fun and Safe New Year.

See you tomorrow for the resolutions!


9 comments:

  1. Great list and a very fun way to do it! I also liked Mockingjay and Matched though I liked the earlier Suzanne Collins books better. My favorites for the year were Sold (McCormick), A Thousand Splendid Suns (Hosseini), and Mornings in Jenin (Abulhawa). Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved the 'Friends' style of this list! I haven't read Harmonic Feedback yet but I got it for Christmas so I will be :D I love The Year of Secret Assignments too, it's absolutely fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved your list, most of the books you mentioned that i haven't read are on my wishlist! i never heard of A Little Wanting Song, but it sounds really good :)
    and omg I'm reading The Year of Secret Assignments right now! (because of you x-mas countdown, tbh)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen - thanks. I haven't read anything else by Suzanne Collins, I must get on with that. Happy New Year to you too

    Danya - Enjoy HF.

    Audrey - Oh I'm so glad, I do hope you love it :) A little Wanting Song is definitely one to get too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea--to post your favorites Friends style! I'm adding many of the books you listed to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooo - great list!!

    The ones that sucked me in and made me laugh - the Percy Jackson series by Ric Riordan

    Hope the new year brings all kinds of joy and happiness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm about to start Matched, and I'm so glad to hear you loved it! I've been hesitating a bit since I heard some not-my-cup-of-tea reviews, but it sonds like it's definitely time to dive in. I'll have to think about my favourites, there have been so many this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this list. I'm bookmarking it and will be using it to catch up on my reading. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The One That Made Me Cry but I Loved Because of That: TELL ME A SECRET by Holly Cupala

    The One I Loved The Most: Bow Grip by Ivan Coyote (Canadian, adult).

    Thanks for a great list, and boy, if you're an author, there's really nothing better than being tagged as the "book you recommended the most"! Thanks! You're a star!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, so thanks so much for taking the time. I'll try and return the favour :D