Thursday, 9 December 2010

Countdown to Christmas No 7 - Calla and Shay

Photo from weheartit

Now I must admit that I am a huge fan of the friendship first romance. You know, lots of talking over coffee, long walks, wistful gazes, finger tips brushing and the does he/doesn't he like me angst. I adore tension. I love sitting there, gripping the book, screaming, oh my god just kiss already, because I can't stand it! I just finished such a book and it will almost certainly be featured here next year!

However, sometimes a book comes along that I love because there is so much kissing, so much chemistry. Where the characters desire for each other seems to seep from the book into your skin and every interaction is just so Hot, you are racing ahead for the next one.

This doesn't mean they don't have talky, soul connecting moments, but it's the kissing you remember. Last year that book was Prefect Chemistry. This year it is Nightshade by Andrea Cremer.

If you haven't read it, let me just tell you that Calla and Shay and Calla and Ren, burn up the pages. Yes, it involves a love triangle, and yes she kisses both boys (more than once) but she has her reasons and I liked Calla, so I'm letting her off.

Nightshade is such a wonderful story and such a brilliant world. There is loads going on besides the kissing, but this is the couples countdown, and the kissing is very hot. So that's why Calla and Shay make the list. Yes I am firmly Team Shay, well until Ren strolls into view :)

Have you read it, which Team are you?

5 comments:

  1. argh, i'm going to have to read this one now. sounds hot :) i am a huge fan of a well done love triangle...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great pick. Although I am team Ren all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally Team Ren, I have to admit, but I do love the tension between Calla and Shay! Such a fun read :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nomes - It is paranormal, did I mention that? So it might not be your thing but I do like the love triangle :)

    Nic - I can understand why :)

    Meredith - it really is a fun read isn't it!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, so thanks so much for taking the time. I'll try and return the favour :D