Saturday, 11 December 2010

Countdown to Christmas No 6 - Plain Kate and Taggle



Plain Kate by Erin Bow was one of my favourite books of the year and the relationship between  Kate and her cat Taggle is one of the reasons why. They're not a couple in the traditional sense of the word, but their friendship is real and true and heartwarming.

Kate is a fantastic heroine and Taggle is probably my favourite animal in a story ever! I don't want to say too much about why, because I don't want to spoil anything. If you haven't read it though, get it on your Christmas List, it is amazing and beautiful. A book you will want to linger over.

7 comments:

  1. Never heard of Plain Kate. Must add it to my wishlist. If I had to think of a girl and cat friendship I like it would be Meghan and Grim from The Iron Queen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. im reading this book right now! it's a bit hard to get into but im liking taggle so far :) cant wait to find out why he's fantastic :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that you chose a girl and cat combo for your couples love series :)

    haven't read this one but have heard all sorts of wonderful things about it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard SOO much about Kate and Taggle (who apparently steals the show). I've definitely got to read this book.

    And I'm really enjoying this series, Alexa! I've been busy the past few days, but I'm catching up on it now and it's brilliant (so many new book recs for me :D)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nic - oh you should it is wonderful and the writing is just gorgeous!

    Audrey - enjoy :)

    Nomes - I know and me being a dog person too :) You should check out Plain Kate

    Vee - He really does he reminds me a little of Moggart.
    from the Sabriel books. So glad that you're enjoying it. I'm having fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read this! It's on my Christmas list and I've dropped lots of hints. Hopefully I'll have it now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! I definitely want to read this one.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, so thanks so much for taking the time. I'll try and return the favour :D