Sunday, 4 April 2010

Movies in my brain!



Audrey at Holes in my Brain (don't you love that blog title) is running a competition to win a copy of Paper Towns by John Green (or a different book if you've read Paper Towns)

I thought I'd enter because I love movies, nearly as much as I love books, but I never talk about them here.



Some of my favourite movies are the old musicals. I love when people burst into song in the middle of a conversation. It's why I adore Glee, and why I think musical Buffy was the second best episode (the first being the one where everyone lost their voices). I'm really hoping for a musical Dr Who soon!

As it's Easter I should probably suggest you watch Easter Parade, but I'll point you in the direction of my favourite Judy Garland film, Meet me in St Louis.  How can you not love a film, that includes the incomparable Judy singing, Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas, Meet me in St Louis and the utterly joyous Trolley Song.


Happy Easter

6 comments:

  1. I love the old musicals too - anything with Judy is great. :)

    I think the first musical I saw was Wizard of Oz or Sound of Music - and those are still 2 of my favourites :)

    I haven't seen Glee yet - I'll have too because it sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alexa! It's Audrey from Holes In My Brain. I just wanted to thank you for participating in the contest and the segment!! I linked your movie post here.

    thank you! and i hope you had fun, I *love* glee, but personally haven't seen many musicals apart from Sound of Music *blushes*

    Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jemi - Judy is amazing and so is Julie! I love Thoroughly Modern Milly. You have to watch Glee, it;s so much fun.

    Audrey - you're welcome and thanks for having the contest - it was fun! You should check out some musicals, they're great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love musicals! My favorite of all time is still (always and forever) Phantom of the Opera!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rose - ooh that's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have watch Meet me in St Louis and I LOVE it!! Judy Garland is so good! :D

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, so thanks so much for taking the time. I'll try and return the favour :D