Monday, 15 March 2010

Author Appreciation Week Day 1



The ones who write about secret societies

Diana Peterfreund

I do hereby confess: that yes, I do have a great big author crush on Diana Peterfreund. Secret Society Girl and Under the Rose, had me hooked. The Rites of (Spring) Break, put Diana, on my buy everything she writes list. When she sent me an ARC of Tap & Gown, because she'd read a post I wrote on Amy and Jamie, the love grew. Then, with Rampant she gave the world Killer Unicorns and the girls who hunt them. What can I say? How can you not have a crush on her?

I love Diana's books because she has a great style. She writes strong females. who are easy to relate. She writes about issues, that most young women encounter at some point, with humour and candor. She also writes wickedly, delicious boys.

Diana also has a great blog where she writes about issues, shares stories of her life and post lots of photos of her dog Rio (who if she ever had puppies might make me rethink my we are not getting a dog stance).

Kay Cassidy

Kay is the author of The Cinderella Society. Released April this year, The Cinderella Society also features a secret society, but this one is all about girls. I love the message of the book. I also loved  that her main character is lovable, strong but insecure and makes the funniest observations, I laughed during this book, more times than I can count.

Kay is definitely on my one to watch list. I can't wait for her next book.

I also love her blog. Which is as positive, upbeat and inspiring as her book.



Author Appreciation Week was started by Heidi R Kling.

So which authors are you appreciating today?

2 comments:

  1. This is an author I've been planning on reading for a while, but it's so hard to find the time!! These sound like great books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't ever read ANYTHING by Diana Peterfreund! I need to get on that!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, so thanks so much for taking the time. I'll try and return the favour :D