Monday, 1 February 2010

January Roundup

I read six books this month which puts me well on track for reading 50 books this year - yay! Four of those were by debut authors so I'm also doing great on the 2010 Debut Author Challenge too

Three of those books have become firm favourites, they are books I want to jump and down and shout read this read this now about.  They are my 2010 Perfect You and Saving Francesca.  I haven't reviewed them yet because I was lucky enough to get ARC's, so I'm waiting for nearer the release date, but make a note of them on or better yet pre-order them!

They are



Restoring Harmony by Joelle Anthony - Molly struggles to reunite her family. This is a heroine you will fall in love with. I kind of want to live in Molly's world (except I'd survive for all of three seconds!).

Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins - Reform school for witches, laughs to rival Meg Cabot and Archer Cross *swoons*

The Cinderella Society by Kay Cassidy - female empowerment, secret societies (you know how I love secret societies!), the funniest date scene, I nearly fell off the bed laughing (actually I nearly fell out of bed laughing several times during this book). Funny and inspiring you don't want to miss this one!

What books are you recommending from your January reads?

3 comments:

  1. They sound great! I didn't read any YA in January - definitely have to get on that for February :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I LOVED Perfect You! Thank you so much for sending it to me. I'm so glad I won your contest! The Secret Society Girl books were fun, too, but Perfect You was an absolute TREASURE. I had a friend read it too, and she also loved it.

    One of my favorite January reads was the new Newbery winner, When You Reach Me, by Rebecca Stead. I also loved Diana Wynne Jones' sequels to Howl's Moving Castle (these are Castle in the Air, and House of Many Ways). I'm also loving The Blue Shoe, by Roderick Townley. Mary Grand Pre illustrated it, too (illustrator of the HP novels). So far this year has been downright INSPIRING as far as novels go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hearts at Stake and Darklight!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, so thanks so much for taking the time. I'll try and return the favour :D