Wednesday, 2 December 2009

Countdown to Christmas Number 10 - Anna & Sam

We're starting off with Anna and Sam from Sarah Ockler's Twenty Boy Summer. Now I have a friend who claims to be Team Matt.

What?

I'm sure you agree with me that there can be no team Matt!

Unless this was a ghost story and even if it were I would still be Team Sam. He is quite clearly the better choice. He's sweet and funny and there for Anna when she needs someone to listen and he doesn't have any of that "this has to be a secret" crap going on. Oh and he's a good kisser too.

Everything stops mattering. The cold is gone. Time is gone. The ocean stops whispering. I turn my face to his, his eyes unmoving, and everything around me stops, suspended. Sam grabs hold of the front of his sweatshirt with me inside and pulls it to him.. My arms move around him, his around me, and he kisses me, so hot and severe that I feel it all the way in my toes.

See much better than frosting covered kisses.

Remember to enter the contest and tell me about your own favourite couple and be sure to come back tomorrow and hear about Elizabeth Scott's couple of the year.

7 comments:

  1. I am Team Matt....
    despite the fact that Team Matt can't exist. I liked Matt so much more than Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to read this one so I can join the debate :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I've got to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I've got to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looooved this book, and I'm with you, Team Matt can't exist...Team Sam all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jordyn - really??? But Sam's so much nicer and alive!

    Jemi - definitely read it, it's a great book too if you're missing the beach and sunshine this winter!

    Kim - Yes do it's beautiful

    Dani - Yay for Team Sam!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, so thanks so much for taking the time. I'll try and return the favour :D