Monday, 2 November 2009

Waiting on Wednesday for The Piper's Son - Melina Marchetta

I am not just waiting for this book, I am dying for it, absolutely dying!

I had all my Waiting on Wednesday posts done and ready to go (NaNowWriMo organization!) then I read Adele at Persnickety Snarks in my mailbox, and had to change to this.

The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta.

I am SO excited, jumping up and down, squealing excited, about this book.

The Piper's son is not just a new book by Melina, which would be exciting enough. It revisits the characters from Saving Francesca (more squealing) I LOVED Saving Francesca. Just loved it and I'm so happy to get to revisit these characters.

If you want to know which character is taking centre stage, this time round and what the book is about pop over to Persnickety Snarks and check out her In My Mailbox - November 1st post

The Piper's Son is out in March is Australia but I can't find any information on a US release date. Anyone?

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

What are you waiting for?

12 comments:

  1. Love it when a new book by a favorite author is about to be published. Hope it's a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you had all of your WoWs lined up! I've done the same thing...bumped some scheduled ones for a book that I just HAD to put at the front of the list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks soo good, I had not heard of eather books - now as a person in the US I gotta be on the look out for more information! I wonder if I can get the first one here....off to look

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Now I'm freaking out. Jellicoe Road is my fav book and I love Saving Francesca as well - this is going to take FOREVER to come out in the US though! I'm going to see if there is someone I can get to send it to me... I'm so excited now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My To Be Read pile just got bigger :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds fun. Here is mine:

    http://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com/2009/11/waiting-on-wednesday-listener-shira.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohh I have not heard of these. I will have to add it to my list. You can read my WoW here.

    ~Pixie

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's wonderful when a new book comes out featuring some of your favorite characters. it's like revisiting old friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to have to try these books out, Alexa! They sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel the same way! I love Saving Francesca so much, as well as all her other books, and I just want this book to come out in the US now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As a lucky Australian reader, I'll be reading this book in around a week, but for US readers, I heard the book would be released around September.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chrasy - lucky you! It actually won;t be out till 2011 in the US - SO long to wait!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, so thanks so much for taking the time. I'll try and return the favour :D