Tuesday, 17 November 2009

My muse is cheating on me!

Yesterday as I was adding books to my TBR list, I'm at 94 now on Goodreads, I found a book whose short synopsis sounds eerily like my last years NaNoWriMo. Not the main one, the Mini NaNo. The one I wrote 45,000 words of in a week and then gave up on. It had to many plot holes, so I returned to the main NaNoWriMo, which also had to many plot holes!

I guess this must happen to published authors quite a lot. I've read a lot of book that are similar in theme and come out around the same time. I guess, as we're all exposed to a lot of the same media and situations it's to be expected that similar ideas will be triggered. Everyone brings their own experiences to their writing though, so we get lots of different approaches and lost of great books.

I can't wait to read this book though. Obviously it appeals to me, I wanted to write one quite similar! I'm also curious to see how alike it really is. I'm thinking probably not that similar but the main character did have the same name. I used an unusual shortening of that name and if she does too, I'll know my muse is cheating!

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! A wandering muse doesn't bear thinking about!

    Hmmm, now I have something new to worry about... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was extremely interesting for me to read the post. Thanx for it. I like such themes and anything connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more soon.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, so thanks so much for taking the time. I'll try and return the favour :D