Friday, 27 November 2009

Cover Wars - Leviathan

The Book

Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld

The Covers

The USA



The UK





My thoughts

Very briefly today as I'm racing towards the end of NaNo, although I doubt I shall make it!

The UK one is an illustration from the book, so it is a little more representative. It's interesting how both covers seem Clankerish rather than Darwinist (if you haven't read the book, check out my review for what I mean by that statement).

The Winner

I like the UK best. It gives me more of an idea of what the book will be about and I love the curve in the title. Although it's a very close thing. I LOVE them both.

Which do you prefer and why?

5 comments:

  1. I prefer the US cover, although I suppose that could change if I actually read the book. I just think it's fun and exciting. It doesn't really give me an idea of what will happen in the book, but at the same time renders me curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this book yet, although it is in my TBR pile. I like both covers, but I find the US cover more intriguing. Pulls me in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer the UK cover. Grabs my attention, rather than the US one that just looks like a background design. Plus, I agree with you. I like to have some idea as to what kind of book it is by looking at the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. UK version! It's creepier. Way more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you posted this forever ago, but I just discovered your cover wars and have been reading all of them :)
    Most of the time I agree with you, especially over Uglies. Why can't the UK get its act together and just go with the US cover. They are so perfect.
    In terms of Leviathan though, the US Wins hands down, left and right. It looks (to me) like a cover that was made to be a cover, rather than an illustration lifted from the book with text pasted over. It's so shiny and engaging and beautiful. I would have bought this for the cover alone. It rocks my world :)

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, so thanks so much for taking the time. I'll try and return the favour :D