Monday, 26 October 2009

Waiting on Wednesday for Some Girls Are

Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers





Climbing to the top of the social ladder is hard--falling from it is even harder. Regina Afton used to be a member of the Fearsome Fivesome, an all-girl clique both feared and revered by the students at Hallowell High... until vicious rumors about her and her best friend's boyfriend start going around.

Now Regina's been "frozen out" and her ex-best friends are out for revenge. If Regina was guilty, it would be one thing, but the rumors are far from the terrifying truth and the bullying is getting more intense by the day. She takes solace in the company of Michael Hayden, a misfit with a tragic past who she herself used to bully. Friendship doesn't come easily for these onetime enemies, and as Regina works hard to make amends for her past, she realizes Michael could be more than just a friend... if threats from the Fearsome Foursome don't break them both first.

Due out January 5th 2010

I adored Cracked Up to Be, Courtney's first novel and this one looks equally amazing. I can't wait to read it. If anyone had an ARC they'd like to share I will, um, love you forever?

Check out the rather stunning book trailer. Simple but so effective.

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

What are you waiting for?


7 comments:

  1. High School can be so hard - I'll bet this will be a popular book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - this sounds really good - thanks for sharing and it's going on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds brutal, but good drama. must check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you're looking forward to this 2nd in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this book in my TBR pile and can't wait to get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary - I'm sure it will be.

    Crystal - oh good, check out Cracked Up to be too.

    vvb32 Yup I think it will be quite uncomfortable reading but addictive.

    Booklogged - oh sorry if I gave you the impression it;s a series. It's the authors 2nd book but not connected to CUTB.

    Purplg8r - Lucky, lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read Courtney's first book but I really like the sound of this one. I'm definitely planning on checking it out =)

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, so thanks so much for taking the time. I'll try and return the favour :D