Monday, 26 October 2009

National Novel Writing Month


I may be crazy, in fact I know I am crazy, but I've signed up for National Novel Writing Month.

During last year's NaNoWriMo I wrote my first book. It is rather dreadful but I did manage 50,000 words in a month and it does have a beginning, middle and end.

I learned a lot and NaNo was a great experience.

The reason I decided to sign up this year when I barely have enough hours in the day as it is, is Matthew French. The boy will not get out of my head. When I'm feeding the baby, washing up, trying to fall asleep, there he is chatting away. And I've kind of fallen for him.

So I'm giving him November in the hope that if I get his story down he'll leave me alone for a while to finish the WIP.

If you're doing NaNoWriMo come be my writing buddy here. I'm hoping to find a write in I can attend, they sound fun but I'm guessing most will be happening in the evenings. Maybe I can find a virtual one.

3 comments:

  1. You're not crazy. You're just a writer, hehe.

    And your NaNo book last year isn't dreadful. It's a draft, and drafts always need work. Trust me, I know. I know that you know that I know because of my NaNo novel. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, NaNo friend! :D I signed up this year, too. I'm pretty sure all NaNo drafts are terribly rough by nature, yet contain wonderfully creative elements. Chris Baty himself tells us, "Get ready to write some wonderful shit." I'm looking forward to the process and will click on the link to become your writing buddy now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lady G - Well even for a draft it's quite dreadful :) I still love it though. But your NaNo novel now has wonderful pacing and rhythm and description "someone" said :)

    RG - Hi. Lets hope we both write lots of wonderful stuff :) Good Luck

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, so thanks so much for taking the time. I'll try and return the favour :D