Saturday, 31 October 2009

Happy Halloween

I'm currently waiting for Trick or Treaters and playing with the cutest little skeleton. If, like me, you are a fan of Halloween you should head over to Natalie's. She's having the best Halloween Party. There are some amazing drawings on display and a genius story of mummy love, I couldn't stop laughing!

In honour of both Halloween and NaNoWriMo's imminent start. I thought I'd share a little bit of last years NaNo. Seeing as the characters attended a rather haunting Halloween party. This is them getting ready for it.

I was scanning the paper flyer, when Kieran bumped me with his shoulder.

“Hey Emmy. What ‘s that?”

“Oh,” I waved the brightly colored paper at him. “Just a flyer for a Halloween party.”

He reached over and pulled it from my hand, scanning it quickly.

“So what are you going to go as?”

I shook my head, turning away from him and starting for the dining hall. “I’m not going. Zach’s out of town this weekend.”

He fell into step beside me. “So come with me.”

I shot him a look.

“What? Oh,” he raised an eyebrow. “Mr. Perfect will get his halo in a twist?”

“Don’t call him that,” I snapped, elbowing him sharply in the ribs. He sucked in his breath, one hand covering the spot.

“You’re freakishly strong, for a girl.”

“For anyone,” I told him with a grin.

“Maybe. Seriously though, you should come to the party,” he swapped the books he was carrying from one arm to the other. “I know Zach doesn’t like you to make a move without him, but you are separate people?”

“Zach does not-” I broke off, shaking my head. “I’m not getting in to this, with you, again.”

“Okay. So you’re coming?”

I glanced over at him, he was grinning. At my nod, his grin grew. I couldn’t help but smile back, even though I knew Zach was going to freak.

“So who shall we go as?”

“What?”

He waved the flyer at me. “Costumes mandatory.”

“Oh well,” I stalled, imagining Zach’s reaction. “How about Harry Potter and Hermione.” We could go as friends, which was, after all what we were.

“Could you be any more unoriginal?”

He stopped and I pivoted to look back at him. His blonde hair was falling across his forehead and his dark eyes were sparkling. I was struck again by how absolutely beautiful Kieran was.

“How about Lancelot and Guinevere?”

It was just a pity that gorgeous exterior masked a completely twisted interior. He lived to torment.

“How about not?”

“What?” he raised one eyebrow. “You don’t think we can pull off the sexual tension? Believe me, we can.”

“How about-” I broke off trying to think of a pairing that held absolutely no romantic connotations. “Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck?”

Both his eyebrows shot up. “You want me to dress as a duck? I don’t think so.”

“I think of you more as a mouse.“

He shook his head. “How about Han Solo and Princess Leia?”

“No.”

“Edward and Bella?”

“No.”

“Adam and Eve.”

“No!”

“Why not? You’d totally rock the fig leaf look.”

I rolled my eyes at him and didn’t bother answering.

“Cinderella and Prince Charming.”

I snorted. “Prince Charming, you?”

“What about Prince Charming?” a voice said behind me and I was enveloped by Zach. He snaked an arm round me pulling me against his side, dropping a kiss on the top of my head.

“Hi.” I smiled up at him.

“Hi.” He bent towards me and kissed me again, properly.

“So whose Prince Charming?” he asked as he straightened back up.

“No one,” I said quickly.

“Emmy and I are just trying to decide which couple to be for Halloween.” Kieran interjected.
I glowered at him. That wasn’t exactly how I’d planned to explain things to Zach.

“Which couple?” Zach said, looking between the two of us. “Why would you be a couple?”

“We’re going to the Halloween party,” Kieran informed him with a wide smile. “I hear you’re out of town.” He waved the flyer at Zach, who took it and scanned it.

“You’re going to this?” Zach asked. He was frowning.

“Well, you know,” I said, studying my feet. “Everyone is.”

I glanced up at him, he didn’t look happy. I suddenly knew exactly what I wanted to be for Halloween, invisible.

3 comments:

  1. I love Halloween! Love your Halloween post! I'm a follower now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I'll bet you get great stuff for NaNo this year too!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, so thanks so much for taking the time. I'll try and return the favour :D