Tuesday, 13 October 2009

Do you have a cracking First Paragrapgh?

Well Nathan Bransford is holding his 3rd Ultimate First paragraph competition. That came round fast!

Last year I was a finalist.

I entered at the last minute. I'd never read Nathan's blog before* I heard about the competition on another blog and thought why not.

Getting picked was wonderful. The knowledge that someone who knows about writing liked that paragraph has helped me through some dark days with the book.

If you have a WIP you should enter. Go on take a chance. You never know what might happen. Last year's winner Natalie is now signed Nathan!

*obviously now I am a devoted reader!

4 comments:

  1. So exciting! Are you going to enter it again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nathan's blog is hilarious! Good luck again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lady G - nope. I haven;t claimed my prize from last year :)

    Rhiannon - Not entering this year but I can't wait to see the finalists.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here. Let's keep rowing this boat. :)

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, so thanks so much for taking the time. I'll try and return the favour :D