Friday, 25 September 2009

Bits and Pieces

Things I've liked and loved on the internets this week.

On Reading

I'm now dying to read

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpaterick

Which I first saw on Reverie Book Reviews but have since seen everywhere.

According to My favourite Books they had a pretty cool marketing stunt for it in London. Looks like everyone is excited for this one and I can see why.

I'm also longing to get my hands on

Ballard by Maggie Steifvater

after reading The story Siren's review.


Dani Noir by Nova Ren Suma


got a fabulous write up from Courtney Summers and definitely sounds like my kind of thing. Old movies and sarky heroines, yes please!


On writing


I loved Emily Hainswoth's 10 Things to do at your first writing conference. Great advice and lots will be useful for KidLitCon 09.

Especially No 1 "locate the bathrooms" I always do!

and finally

The Literary Lab had a great post on Forward and Backward Revisions

5 comments:

  1. I just ordered DANI NOIR on my Kindle, in part from Courtney's review and in part because it has the BEST cover ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't the cover amazing. It reminds me a little of Edward Hooper. Do you get covers on Kindles though?

    ReplyDelete
  3. SIGH.....Hush Hush Cant wait to see how you like it! Thanks for the shoutout, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just grinning and nodding about all these great books! YAY! Dani Noir is NEXT in my TBR pile. Hope you have a blast at KidLitCon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reverie - Me too. I can't wait for it! And no problem thanks for the review :)

    Emily - So many good books. Fingers crossed I can tick off the 10 points at KidLitCon :)

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, so thanks so much for taking the time. I'll try and return the favour :D