Monday, 20 April 2009

Sunday Salon - Reading Roudup

It's been a good two weeks for reading not so great for reviewing.

If you look at the side bar you'll see it's 1 month until Tap & Gown by Diana Peterfreund hits the shelves. Which means if you haven't read the first three yet (and why haven't you? I keep telling you how good it is) you still have time to go and get hooked on Amy & Co's adventures.

I meant to post the review today, to coincidence, but it is proving tricky to write without spoilers. I SO want to talk about this book and no one I knows read it yet.

This week I read:

Perfect You by Elizabeth Scott

It's actually better than Something, Maybe.

Sloppy First and Second Helpings by Megan McCafferty

I'm not entirely in love with this series but there is definitely something about Jessica Darling (and Marcus Flutie) that makes me want to read the next three.

Audrey Wait! by Robin Benway

Loved it! It's so cute and funny and has lots of music references.

The Yummy Mummy's Survival Guide by Liz Fraser

The funniest take on pregnancy I've read so far.

I've just started Stealing Heaven (I'm having an Elizabeth Scott marathon) and I really want Twenty Boy Summer and Shadowed Summer. And I plan to write three reviews this week, so come back.

What have you been reading?







4 comments:

  1. Cool, I'll mention Yummy Mummy to my pregnant friends! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly - Do it's funny and I'm sure it definitely makes you feel better about not being perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an impressive list for the week!

    I recommend The Mommy Myth by Susan Douglas and Meredith Michaels. Not a pregnancy book, but obviously relevant... and excellent for counteracting the idea that you'd better do everything exactly right or your baby will be ruined and all associated angst!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth - Because I'm 34 weeks pregnant and only able to lounge aorund and read :)

    The Mummy Myth sounds good, thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, so thanks so much for taking the time. I'll try and return the favour :D