Saturday, 7 March 2009

Weekly Geeks - A Quote a Day

dewey's weekly geeks2[7].jpg

One of my favorite Weekly Geeks last year was: A Quote a Day. This will have you pulling books off your shelves and Googling for your favorites. It also means a post a day for the next week - or as many as you can do. Quoth Dewey:

You may want to come up with a theme, such as favorite passages from books, author quotes, political quotes, quotes about books or reading, humorous quotes, whatever. Or you may not want a theme at all; maybe you just want to gather up seven assorted quotes that appeal to you. You may want to start each of your posts of the week with a quote, or you may want to give quotes posts of their own in addition to your regular posts. It’s all up to you!

Signing Mr Linky this week means you’re committing to posting a quote each day for a full week, starting on the day you sign up. You can postdate your quote posts so they appear automatically if you can’t get to your blog each day.


I collect quotes from my favourite books, on goodreads and in notebooks and in word documents and I just restarted my quote of the week here. I have them scribbled everywhere. So I adore this weeks theme.

I've been loving Ana at Young Adult Romance Reviews hot moments series. So (to completely steal her idea) I thought I'd pick romantic quotes all this week.

To start off, a quote from one of my favourite books of 2008. The romance isn't the main story and it's not exactly traditional either but I do think this bit is very romantic. Enjoy!

He takes Iris's hand. He lifts it. He places it slowly, very slowly, on his chest. Just above his heart. Iris can feel is jumping and jumping, as if it wants to be free. She keeps her eyes fixed on the screen.
"That's my heart," Alex says, without moving his eyes from the television. He has kept his hand over Iris's, pressing it down onto his chest. His voice is even, conversational. "But it's yours, really."


The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox - Maggie O'Farrell

For more Weekly Geek quotes or to join in go here.

9 comments:

  1. I love that: "That's my heart.. but it's yours, really." I'm stealing it to say to my husband. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good quote, and how romantic! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire - I know I love it too.

    Rikki - So romantic. Hopefully the rest will be too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know boys this articulate. lol Enjoyed.

    Daily quotes are a regular feature at my blog. Please check the top of my sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan - LOL no I guess that's why we have to read about them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with this passage!! I have to add it to my collection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so romantic. and beautifully written. great quote

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maree - Yup :)

    Staci - It's one of my faves

    Erika - everything Maggie O'Farrell writes is beautiful, she has such a way with words.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, so thanks so much for taking the time. I'll try and return the favour :D