Sunday, 15 March 2009

Sunday Salon - Some Very Quick Reviews

I have a back log of reviews and as I'm going on holiday (and taking 5 books, which hopefully I'll want to review) I'm going to resort to some two sentence reviews.

Evernight by Claudia Gray

I thought it was going to be a Twilight want to be, it so isn't! Keep reading, everything goes crazy after page 139 - loved it and immediately ordered Stargazer.

Smiles to Go by Jerry Spinelli

I adored Will, he is a sweetheart and I loved his over analysis and run through of every possible outcome to his actions. His little sister and love interest spoilt it for me though, both were highly annoying.

Red The Next Generation of American Writers--Teenage Girls--On What Fires Up Their Lives Today Edited by Amy Goldwasser

If you have a teenage girl, are a teenage girl, were a teenage girl, are writing about teenage girls read it! Powerful and beautiful and heartbreaking and uplifting. I really thought I remembered quite clearly what it was like to be a teenager but this book reminded me how fragile and resilient you are during those years.

The Princess Diaries - Meg Cabott

I think everyone has heard of these. Meg Cabott always makes me laugh out loud.

Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen

Such a sweet book, Bryce and Juli are so lovable in their own ways. It's more than just a first love story though, it's about finding out who you are and who you want to be, looking at things differently, growing up, the consequences of your actions or lack of actions and finding out what's really important.

Wake by Lisa McMann

Not my usual read at all, the writing is spare and sentences are fragmented but I LOVED it. I'm desperate to get my hands on Fade.


Have a great Sunday

5 comments:

  1. A lot of great books there that interest me - had to add them to my TBR list now. Hope you have a great holiday and get all that reading done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, Red sounds cool. Just put it on hold at the library. Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I am going to wait on Evernight until I get Stargazer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read a Cabot book and loved it :S But have't tried her Ya books

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look like great books--a lot of them are already on my to read list.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, so thanks so much for taking the time. I'll try and return the favour :D