Wednesday, 25 March 2009

Planes and Trains

One of my favourite things about traveling, aside from seeing things and getting somewhere new or old, is that it provides great long stretches of guilt free, uninterrupted reading time.

I read some fabulous books during our trip to the Uk. I made the most of my reading time, as come June I think it may be slightly curtailed by the arrival of the baby.

Anyway here's what I read. Proper reviews to follow, hopefully!

Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta. I loved this. It's one of my favouirte books now and I was so excited when I realized she also wrote Jellicoe Road. Which was waiting for me at the library on my return.

The Forest of Hands and teeth by Carrie Ryan So very good even though it scared me to death.

Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles. Perfect plane book.

Fade by Lisa McMann Not sure why I love this series so much, it's so not me but I do, I'm addicted and can't wait for Gone.

What to expect the first year by Heidi Murkoff, Arlene Eisenberg, Sandee Hathaway. Scarier than a zombie apocalypse - I kid you not!

3 comments:

  1. See, it's the "scared me to death" part of the Forest of Hands and Teeth" that I'm sure I just can't handle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forest of Hands and Teeth scared you to death? Wow, I'm looking forward to it now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lady G and Ana - well it may not scare you but I have a very over active imagination. Books always scare me more than movies! It also made me cry. It is very, very good though!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, so thanks so much for taking the time. I'll try and return the favour :D