Sunday, 1 February 2009

Sunday Salon -January Reading Round Up

The year has started well with six books read, although only one reviewed! I feel some one line book reviews coming on tomorrow.

These were the books that kept me entertained and delighted in January

51luIBCufxL._SL75_.jpg 51xYPjLFCTL._SL75_.jpg 11297.jpg 47626.jpg 16788.jpg 40317.jpg

My favourites were Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami (the one book I managed to review) and Graceling by Kristin Cashore (which I have mentioned but not reviewed yet).

I liked everything a read this month and even managed to keep to my aim of one non-fiction book (The Mitford Sisters). I did try for a classic, Portrait of a Lady by Henry James but I am struggling on that one, hopefully I will finish in February.

How was your reading in January and new favourites discovered?

Aims for February - six more books (including James) and eleven book reviews!

6 comments:

  1. I loved Murakami's Kafka on the Shore and in the midst of Sputnik Sweetheart!

    January was well...very productive

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 2 most memorable books from this past month were The Myth of Me & You and The Graveyard Book. I'm also a few books behind on reviews. So much for my resolution not to let that happen in 2009...oh well...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn you Alexa! *shakes fist in Alexa's general direction*

    I've had Murakami's 'Norwegian Wood' on my TBR bookshelf for a while (along with 'Dance, Dance' and 'Wind-up Bird Chronicle'). Through one thing and another I've not got to them yet, and have nicely resisted. After reading your enthusiastic review though....grrr!!

    Only j/king I'm not mad at you at all. That's a great reading total for January. Well done!
    Warmest
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. ...just had a look and 'Kafka on the Shore' is on my Murakami reading pile as well. See you've even got me temptingly looking at it :o)
    Warmest again
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  5. GT - I must find more Murakami. Glad you had a good reading month!

    Irish - I have The Graveyard Book on my TBR list it looks great!

    Robert Burdock - LOL! Well I recommend you bump it too the top it is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh.. I love Garth Nix. Shade's Children is one my favourites of his!

    I'm trying to read anything by Neil Gaiman. Maybe that's my new goal.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, so thanks so much for taking the time. I'll try and return the favour :D