Thursday, 12 February 2009

BTT - Author Blogs

btt2.jpgDo you read any author’s blogs? If so, are you looking for information on their next project? On the author personally? Something else?

Don’t forget to leave a link to your actual response (so people don’t have to go searching for it) in the comments—or if you prefer, leave your answers in the comments themselves!


I read quite a few:

Diana Peterfreund

Ally Carter

Meg Cabot

Neil Gaiman

John Green

Maureen Johnson

E. Lockhart

Justine Larbalestier

Sarah Dessen

Romancing the blog

The Literary Maze.

It never occurred to me that authors even have blogs until, (through a Book Through Thursday link) I discovered Anna Jazab's blog. I started reading her regularly, due to her being as obsessed with Nancy Mitford as I am and posting about it a lot.

Anna, who has her first book coming out next year (the blog about that is here), did a post out Four Act Structure and linked to Diana Peterfreund's blog. So I clicked over and started reading that. Then I read Diana's books, which I absolutely adored (look to the right if you're in doubt). Reading author blogs grew from there.

I read them because:

they have loads of great posts on writing
they usual have great links
they have recommend some books that are now favourites of mine
they're very funny (especially Meg Cabot and Maureen Johnson)

and

they write really, really well, surprisingly enough!

Always looking for new blogs so if you have any tips let me know.

(hope all links are correct)

3 comments:

  1. One which I enjoy:

    http://pjhoover.blogspot.com/

    She's awesome and even follows my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize that Sarah Dessen had a blog! I'm totally going to go read that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty new to reading author blogs, but I love Maureen Johnson's blog!!! Some others I've been reading:
    Laurie Halse Anderson
    Libba Bray
    John Green

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, so thanks so much for taking the time. I'll try and return the favour :D