Tuesday, 6 January 2009

Let it Snow

I devoured this book just before Christmas, on a train journey from New York to DC and it snowed and there was some kind of girls sport team on the train! So a perfect setting to read the book in. Luckily we didn't crash so I didn't have to trudge through the snow to the waffle house and have an adventure, like the characters in these three excellent short stories.

Let it Snow features three stories by Maureen Johnson, John Green and Lauren Mryacle, and the characters from each cross over into the other stories, which I loved. Of the three authors I was only familiar with John Green's work but I'll definitely be checking out Maureen's and Lauren's books because I loved both their stories too.

John Green as always didn't disappoint with a story about finding love right under your nose. Maureen Johnson's story was hysterical. I mean it features parents who are so in love with a Christmas village set that they have named their daughter after the main piece - it doesn't get more perfect then that! Lauren Myracle story was the sweetest and her character grew the most, as she reconnected with a lost love, always harder than finding someone new. I didn't like Addy at first possible because she reminded me of me as a teenager but she grew on me and I loved the ending. Also this story had teacup pigs, so adorable!

I'm really curious about how they collaborated on the project whether they wrote their characters dialogue in the others stories or whether they just edited it.

It's a great book for snuggling with in the winter time though, I highly recommend it!

5 comments:

  1. So many books... so little time. Thanks for sharing! I can't believe you are reading 80 books in a year. There is no way I could accomplish that. I'll just mooch off of you and find out which ones are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady Glam - I am sure the baby will slow me down :) Better get going between now and June :) I will try and keep you updated of the best ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Alexandra, you've been tagged! Please see my post here, http://www.booksonthenightstand.com/2009/01/my-turn-for-seven-things.html and then please tell us 7 Random Things about You here on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann - oh gosh I hope I can think of 7 things at least it's not 7 interesting things :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea what to expect when I first got this book out from the library - I just knew it was John Green. I ended up loving it; loving all the different characters and stories.
    Good job reviewing it without giving anything away :)

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, so thanks so much for taking the time. I'll try and return the favour :D