Wednesday, 28 January 2009

Graceling Covers

I just finished Graceling by Kristin Cashore and I completely loved it. I'm going to have to wait a few days to write a proper review because when I fall in love with a book and with characters the way I did with Katsa and Po I find it nearly impossible to say anything but "you must read this now!" But really you must!

Sometimes I never get over that stage and find it impossible to be objective, which explains the near divorce when my husband called Looking For Alaska incredibly boring and refused to finish it. I was mystified but then he is mystified that I never finished Catch 22 and we're both astonished that our parents didn't like Saturday by Ian McEwan.

Anyway I digress, instead of a review I'm comparing covers. I have a terrible habit of judging books by their covers. Also being British when I go home I'm always comparing the Uk/US covers. Usually I prefer the US, I certainly do in this case. I think the US cover is just perfect and beautiful. What do you think?

US Cover

9780152063962_100.jpg


UK Cover

graceling.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Generally I like Uk covers more, but this time I prefer the US version. I wouldn't have even looked at Graceling if it was for the cover. But then I read so many good reviews that I snatched an ARC at work :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valentina - I'm a mixture. Although I do think the country the novels first published in tends to get the better cover! I may have to do some research to back that up.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, so thanks so much for taking the time. I'll try and return the favour :D