Sunday, 14 September 2008

Sunday Salon - Very quick book reviews

I am so behind, I'm catching up by doing one sentence book reviews, harder than it seems!

The Ghost - Robert Harris

A quick, interesting, page turner let down by a anticlimactic ending

I'd tell you I loved you but then I'd have to Kill you - Ally Carter
Cross my heart and hope to spy - Ally Carter

Harry Potter meets Alias, a great concept and a fun read but more character development would be nice, hoping that there will be in the third novel.

The Ivy League Novels - Diana Peterfruend
Secret Society Girl
Under the Rose
Rites of Spring (Break)

A smart, strong, funny, heroine, great supporting characters, a secret society and a romance that is stomach flippingly enjoyable to read about, I loved them!

The Historian - Elizabeth Kostova

Oh lord it was long and the characters wrote such detailed letters and nothing really happened and by the end I was completely on Dracula's side and it seemed all he wanted them to do was catalogue his library and ZZZZZZZ

Tales of the City - Armistead Maupin

A nice tale which is sweet and funny and moving and quirky but didn't leave me dying to read book two.

Good Omens - Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett

Laugh out loud funny, proves we all have a little bit of angel and a little bit of devil inside us and DEATH is one of my favourite characters ever.

4 comments:

  1. Lol - these were fantastic! You wouldn't think it would be that hard to review a book in one sentence, but you did a great job.
    Especially with Good Omens, I have a hard time talking about this book without getting carried away :)

    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Book Zombie - Thanks! Good Omens is amazing isn't?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Secret Society Girl is currently in my TBR pile and look forward to reading it as well (after I finish my OTHER pile that is...LOL).

    Farrah from...
    Book Faery Reviews: www.tbfreviews.wordpress.com
    Wife and Mom of 3: www.wifeandmomof3.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool idea! I like these reviews! Short and sweet for those of us who don't have a lot of time to read longer ones. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, so thanks so much for taking the time. I'll try and return the favour :D