Wednesday, 23 July 2008

Weekly Geeks 12 Questions



I haven't played Weekly Geeks for a while because I've been lazy and busy but as this weeks task should help me catch up with reviews I am in.

Here's what we had to do

1. In your blog, list any books you’ve read but haven’t reviewed yet. If you’re all caught up on reviews, maybe you could try this with whatever book(s) you finish this week. 2. Ask your readers to ask you questions about any of the books they want. In your comments, not in their blogs. Most likely, people who will ask you questions will be people who have read one of the books or know something about it because they want to read it. 3. Later, take whichever questions you like from your comments and use them in a post about each book. I’ll probably turn mine into a sort of interview-review. Link to each blogger next to that blogger’s question(s). 4. Visit other Weekly Geeks and ask them some questions!

These are the books waiting to be reviewed

The Book Thief - Markus Zusak

Falling for you - Jill Mansell

How to be bad - E. Lockhart, Sarah Mlynowski, Lauren Myracle

The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Rachel's Holiday - Marian Keyes

The Mediator Book (2-6) - Meg Cabot

So ask away.


If you want to join in with Weekly Geeks go sign up at The Hidden Side of the Leaf

6 comments:

  1. How did you like How To Be Bad? Is it something you'd recommend? Is it a novel or a set of stories? If it is a short story collection, are the stories connected?

    Did you enjoy The Book Thief? Did you think it lived up to its hype? Who would you recommend it to? Do you see it more as a YA or an adult book? Who was your favorite character? Were there any parts that made you cry?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Becky, great questions I'll get on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also interested in whether you think The Book Thief is a YA or adult book. I understand it's being marketed differently in different parts of the world.

    One thing that stood out for me in that book was all the figurative language. What did you think of the writing style?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a crazy-huge Marian Keyes fan. Was Rachel's Holiday your first Keyes book? If so, did it make you interested in her other novels? If it's not your first, how do you think it compared to others you've read.

    I have a copy of How to be Bad beckoning to me. I think those 3 are some of the best and hottest YA authors out there right now - what did you think of their collaboration?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm interested in the technique and art of storytelling itself so anything along that line would interest me. My questions are for any or all of the fiction titles in your list:

    How was Point-of-View handled? Was there a single POV character or did it alternate among two or more. Was it always clear whose eyes and mind were filtering?

    How was language used to set tone and mood?

    Was the prose dense or spare? Were sentences generally simple or complex?

    How was metaphor used? Were associations fresh or did they tend toward cliche? Did they add to your understanding of the theme?

    What was the central or organizing theme?

    How does the title relate to the story? Was it fitting?
    >>>>
    BTW I'm hosting a book giveaway this week. Four copies of Still Summer by Jacquelyn Mitchard. Four chances to enter until Saturday 3PM PST.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been years since I've read "The Great Gatsby". Is this the first time you've read it or did you read it when you were younger as well? If so, would you recommend reading it again as an adult to get more out of it?

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, so thanks so much for taking the time. I'll try and return the favour :D