Thursday, 3 July 2008

Holidays

It’s a holiday weekend here in the U.S., so let’s keep today’s question simple–What are you reading? Anything special? Any particularly juicy summer reading?

I just finished The Book Thief by Markus Suzak which I absolutely loved and I think will stay with me for a long time. Especially Rudy who is one of those characters who just gets in your head.

I'm now reading How to be bad by Lauren Myracle, E. Lockhart, and Sarah Mlynowski. So far I really like it. I was a bit worried as with books written by more than one person I always find myself favouring one author and longing for their chapters. So far though, I really like Mel, Jesse and Vicks.

Enjoy your holiday reading and happy 4th July!

10 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot of raves about The Book Thief, so I'm really looking forward to reading this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard a lot of great things about The Book Thief as well! I'm looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't believe I've ever read a three-author book. Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of these days, I have to read The Book Thief.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely loved The Book Thief, too!

    Happy 4th to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must be the only one who never heard or read The Book Thief, do you do review? I would be interest to hear it from you :)

    Happy BTT - have a good weekend holiday ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My book group will be reading The Book Thief this winter, I'm so looking forward to it, have heard such good things. My biggest challenge will be to wait to read it!

    Have a safe and fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Julia - I haven't read The Book Thief yet either. But after hearing so many good things about it, I think it's going on top of the buy list.

    I'm reading an interesting memoir right now by Susanna Barlow. It's called What Peace There May Be and is the story of her childhood growing up in a polygamous family. Considering the news of the past few months, it's been eye-opening to hear about things from the child's point of view.

    Have a great holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As soon as I finish an Austen book I watch the corresponding BBC movie. My local library has the box set... Some of the "acting" in them is terrible! I've seen better acting at a high school play!

    The Book Thief has been on my wishlist forever. It never comes up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your's is the thrid post I've read this week about a three-author book! Up until then, I'd never heard of one! I'll have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, so thanks so much for taking the time. I'll try and return the favour :D