Thursday, 8 May 2008

Manuel Labour


Writing guides, grammar books, punctuation how-tos . . . do you read them? Not read them? How many writing books, grammar books, dictionaries–if any–do you have in your library?


I have one!\. Eats. shoots and leaves by Lynne Truss. Having just finished it I can see I should have many more. My grammar is appalling. I'm now spend ages writing my blog debating about semi colons and comma use.

I used to have a dictionary but it got lost on one of out many moves and we never replaced it.

4 comments:

  1. I've never read it, must check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the dicey question of the semi-colon. My advice would be, if in doubt, don't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yvonne - it;s very informative who knew the comma had so many uses!

    GT - I recommend it.

    TT - My English teacher used to say "if it doubt leave it out" Lynne Truss disagrees passionately!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, so thanks so much for taking the time. I'll try and return the favour :D