Thursday, 10 April 2008

Wrtiting Challenge


  • Pick up the nearest book. (I’m sure you must have one nearby.)
  • Turn to page 123.
  • What is the first sentence on the page?
  • The last sentence on the page?
  • Now . . . connect them together….
    (And no, you may not transcribe the entire page of the book–that’s cheating!)

Don’t forget to leave a link to your actual response (so people don’t have to go searching for it) in the comments—or if you prefer, leave your answers in the comments themselves!
(Oh, and I’ve added one little thing to the sidebar–a donation button. JUST in case you feel so inclined. I’d love to upgrade BTT to its own hosting, but only if it can afford to pay its way over the course of the year. Absolutely no pressure–I’m glad to have all of you! Just, you know, in case.)


"Sorry," I said.

"You're jealous, you're upset because I'm paying all this attention to other people and not enough to you."

These sentences fit together really well. You can't tell there is whole page between them. I suppose because it is a continuation of the same conversation.

The book is Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli.

The I is Leo and the other speaker is Stargirl and this dialogue is happening just before they kiss for the first time - aw!




5 comments:

  1. Ooh that's a cool challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's cool how the words fit together. If I haven't known about the book before, I'd reall think they'd come directly after the other. Nice!

    Kat (strangely out of place)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fun, seeing what books everyone is using; so much variety!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops! Your link does not work on the YA Challenge for Stargirl, so I was going to relink it for you, but don't see your review. I'm going to delete the current one and you can relink it at your leisure. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, so thanks so much for taking the time. I'll try and return the favour :D