Thursday, 27 March 2008

Odd and the Frost Giants

Odd and the Frost Giants - Neil Gaiman

How can you fail to love a book that starts

"There was a boy called Odd, and there was nothing strange or unusual about that, not in that time or place. Odd meant the tip of a blade, and it was a lucky name."

This book was written by Neil Gaiman especially for World Book Day and I did indeed love it. It is the story of Odd and his attempt to save Asgard, city of the Norse gods form the the Frost Giant.

It is short at 96 pages but it is also magical, funny and charming. It's the kind of book I would have loved to read as a child.

And as I've been talking about covers today I think this one is completely perfect.




Other Reviews

Valentina

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments, so thanks so much for taking the time. I'll try and return the favour :D