Wednesday, 26 March 2008

A Challenge for Spring time

Spring Reading Thing 2008




So many books so little time, as we all know. Don't know if I will make it through this list or if I will get side tracked by other books but here it is. From March to June I will try and read.

Fragile Things - Neil Gaimen

How to breathe under water - Julie Orringer

The Secret History - Donna Tartt

A Wrinkle in Time - Madeline L'Engle

The Inheritance of Loss - Kiran Desai

Scrambled Eggs at Midnight - Brad Barkley and Heather Hepler

American Gods Neil Gaimen

Hateship, courtship, friendship, loveship, Marriage - Alice Munro

Inkspell - Cornelia Funke

The Miracle at Speedy Motors - Alexander McCall Smith

The disreputable History of Frankie Landau Banks - E Lockhart

The Princess Academy - Shannon Hale

The Duke and I - Julia Quinn

Little Women - Lousia May Alcott

Life as we knew it - Susan Beth Pfeffer


Fifteen books but three are short story collections and three are children's books so it should be doable.

Even if it isn't I will have fun reading, reviewing and sharing - the main point of signing up for these.

To sign up and for more information go here

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a good list, Alix! I've been curious about the Inkspell series for a while -- I know lots of people love it. Thanks for joining SRT '08!

    ReplyDelete
  2. American Gods is a great book, but it's somewhat sequel (Anasai Boys) is STUPENDOUS! Hurry up and read American Gods so you'll be familiar with Gaiman's Anasai and then schedule Anasai Boys for your next set. :D

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, so thanks so much for taking the time. I'll try and return the favour :D