Monday, 25 February 2008

Twlight

Twlight by Stephanie Meyer


Read for Joy's Young Adult Challenge

Rating 4/5


I was expecting to like this book, I'm quite a fan of Vampire fiction but I completely fell in love with it. I read it in two days. I probably would have read it in one if my husband hadn't dragged me out to dinner last night.

Bella and Edward's relationship is magical, the scene in the forest was one of the most sensual I've read in a long time.

"I don't know how to be close to you," he admitted. "I don't know if I can."
I leaned forward very slowly, cautioning him with my eyes. I placed my cheek against his stone chest. I could hear his breath, and nothing else. "This is enough," I sighed, closing my eyes. In a very human gesture, he put his arms round me and pressed his face against my hair."

I have read quite a few reviews criticising the book. The main complaint seeming to be why exactly they fall in love, because Edward is beautiful and Bella smells good? Yes, on a superficial level you could say that was the reason. What I felt was that Bella and Edward recognised something more than that in each other. They're drawn together because neither fits in, neither has found there place in the world yet and they find it with each other.
"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours . . . all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realising what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

I'll be reading the next book I've heard it features Edward less and Jacob Black more, which I'm ambivalent about. I love Edward but I did like Jacobs character's. I'd also like to find out more about the Cullen family. I just found this online. It's the first part of Twilight written from Edwards point of view, it needs of bit of editing but it's interesting.

Other Reviews of Twilight

Marg at Reading Adventures

Kristi - Passion for the Page

Alison - So many book, so little time

2 comments:

  1. I loved your review. This really is a wonderful book. And thanks so much for the link to Midnight Sun. I can't wait to read the rest of it. While New Moon and Eclipse are quite as good as Twilight, they are still really good. You'll enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Framed - Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the link. I've just finished New Moon and can't wait to start Eclispe.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, so thanks so much for taking the time. I'll try and return the favour :D