Friday, 29 February 2008

Eclipse


Eclipse - Stephanie Meyer

Rating 4/5

Read as part of Joy's YA Challenge

When the opening chapter contains references to Cathy and Heathcliffe you know your probably going to get angst, selfishness and broken hearts.

Eclipse is exactly that. There is a great deal of Bella not wanting to hurt Edward or Jacob and then going ahead and doing it anyway. Part of me wishes there had never been sequels to Twilight. I loved it so much and I do feel Bella and Edward's love is tarnished now. It's not quite the fairy tale it was if the heroine loves someone else too. On the other hand I have been up very late finishing this book and I can't wait to read the next one.

So I'm torn. Just as Bella is torn between Jacob and Edward. I have no idea how all this is going to be resolved in Breaking Dawn. I don't even know what I want to happen. I would like Edward to go back to being the Edward of Twilight rather than the unbelievably accepting but also over domineering Edward he's become. One time I did completely agree with Bella was when she said

"Don't start with the noble self-sacrificing now!. . . Fight! Make me forget him. Make me forget my own name. Fight back!"

On the whole I really enjoyed the book. There were lots of back stories of the different characters but they were interesting and I enjoyed learning more about the Cullens. The plot as usual speed along pulling me with it and the last few chapters were an excellent climax.

I am hoping Stephanie Meyer does some spin off books about the other member of the Cullen Family especially Alice and Jasper.

Other Reviews

Alison So many books so little time

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed Eclipse too more than New Moon. Yes, the stories on the Cullen family especially Rosalie and Jasper were interesting. I'd like to know more about the family members. Oh, I do wish she'd write more of Alice too. Her past is kind of baffling.

    Here is my Eclipse review.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, so thanks so much for taking the time. I'll try and return the favour :D