Thursday, 7 February 2008

But enough about books





Okay, even I can’t read ALL the time, so I’m guessing that you folks might voluntarily shut the covers from time to time as well… What else do you do with your leisure to pass the time? Walk the dog? Knit? Run marathons? Construct grandfather clocks? Collect eggshells?

Since discovering blogs last September reading them has slowly encroached into the time I used to spend reading books. There are so many wonderful things sites to visit on the internet and one thing leads to the next and suddenly a whole hour has gone by. When I'm not reading blogs or books. I can be found;

running - I'm trying to train for a half marathon,

trying to learn French with the Rosetta Stone,

cooking, I'm trying to become a domestic goddess. I have a long way to go.

watching television. I am a complete TV addict. Current must see shows included House, Lost, Chuck and Terminator. I am also catching up on series I haven't seen, on DVD; Grey Anatomy, Friday Night Lights and Fire Fly.

Reading is still my first choice though. Nothing transports me into a different world in quite the same way as a good book, so I'll be getting back to mine now.

7 comments:

  1. If you had ever tasted my cooking you would realise why there is no point in my ever aspiring to domestic goddesshood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on nothing comparing to reading... if I miss a tv show or didn't blog or walk or clean, I don't regret it. But if I didn't read enough, my day is incomplete...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you're training for a marathon?
    That is pretty cool. Good luck on the cooking, it is fun once you get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Table Talk - I think it is quite a long shot for me to, I get to easily distracted!
    JK - Definitely need to read every day
    Jaimie - only half of one at the moment! Thanks cookig does not come naturally to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chris - half half marathon! Not ready for the whole one yet maybe one day. You guys are freaking me out I'm going to have to check what I signed up for now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This week's BTT question was really fun. It's interesting to see what everyone likes doing with the rest of their free time.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, so thanks so much for taking the time. I'll try and return the favour :D