Friday, 4 January 2008

One for the Money, Two for the Dough

One for the Money and Two for the Dough by Janet Evanovich.

I read One for the Money as part of the 888 challenge. I had heard many good things about the Stephanie Plum novels but they never really appealed - a female bounty hunter? That did not sound like my kind of book.

I was completely wrong. I loved this book. As soon as I had finished I went straight out and bought Two for the dough and have ordered books 3-9 from Amazon.

Janet Evanovich had me wrapped up in the world of the Burg form the first line and kept me there with her fast paced, witty writing.

I love Stephanie. I love her family ( especially Grandma Mazur). I love Ranger, in his head to toe black and gold earrings. I love the impossible situations Stephanie gets into. Most of all I love Joe Morelli and the banter between him and Stephanie.

If you haven't read these books do. They are laugh out loud funny and a wonderful bit of light relief while the dark days of January are with us.

2 comments:

  1. I am absolutely NOT allowed to read these books in bed anymore since last time I woke DH up w/my laughing. LOVE everything from Evanovich!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you enjoyed the suggestion. FYI several of the hardbacks are on MAJOR clearance on Barnes & Noble's site. I got 12 Sharp for $4.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, so thanks so much for taking the time. I'll try and return the favour :D