Monday, 28 January 2008

Huh?



What’s your favorite book that nobody else has heard of? You know, not Little Women or Huckleberry Finn, not the latest best-seller . . . whether they’ve read them or not, everybody “knows” those books. I’m talking about the best book that, when you tell people that you love it, they go, “Huh? Never heard of it?”

And, folks–Becca was nice enough to nominate Booking Through Thursday for a Blogger’s Choice Award–while you’re here, why don’t you head over and vote for us, too. Because, a vote for BTT is a vote for all of us who play each week!


A very very late booking through Thursday as I have beenn away but the question was to good to miss out.

I have three books on my favourites list that no one seems to have heard of but me.

The Pursuit of Love by Nancy Mitford

My Dad introduced me to Nancy Mitford, she was the eldest of the 6 Mitford Girls who became notorious in 1930's Britain. I can re-read this novel again and again, it makes me laugh but it's also bitter sweet. The characters especially Uncle Matthew are brilliant.

Hideous Kinky by Ester Freud

I'm not sure why more people haven't read this as it was made into a film starring Kate Winslet. It is charming and evocative book that I can read again and again and it made me long to visit Marrakech.

China Blues by Pamela Longfellow

I picked this book up in a charity shop and I just love the story and the setting and the characters and I loved that it wasn't a happy ending which is ood as I do like happy endings.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments, so thanks so much for taking the time. I'll try and return the favour :D