Thursday, 3 January 2008

Booking Through Thursday


Last week we talked about the books you liked best from 2007. So this week, what with it being a new year, and all, we’re looking forward….

What new books are you looking forward to most in 2008? Something new being published this year? Something you got as a gift for the holidays? Anything in particular that you’re planning to read in 2008 that you’re looking forward to? A classic, or maybe a best-seller from 2007 that you’re waiting to appear in paperback?

I am looking forward to so many book this year. Having joined the 888 challenge I have a fantastic list of books waiting to be read but I think the ones I am most looking forward to are

The Book Thief - Markus Zusak I have heard many many good things about this book so I am excited about reading it.

Star Dust - Neil Gaiman - again I have heard alot of good things about this book and about this author.

The Rest of the Stephanie Plum series - Janet Evanovich I just read the first book in the series and I can't wait to read more.

Petite Anglaise - Catherine Sanderson - I love her blog it was the first one I ever read. I'm really looking forward to the book.

Lord John and the Brotherhood of the Blade - Diana Gabaldon - I'm waiting for the paper back edition. It's just to big to buy in hardback!

If you want to see what everyone else is excited about reading go here.



13 comments:

  1. I've heard such wonderful things about Stardust and the Book Thief, but can't imagine I'll get to them any time soon. I hope they turn out well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous that you still have the Stephanie Plum books to read. Grandma is one of my favourite characters ever. Enjoy them for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh....the Book Thief is soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am reading Neverwhere and American Gods this month. Maybe I will read Star Dust too.

    Happy reading!

    Booking through anticipation

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephenie Plum and gang just gets funnier with each book. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also have 'The Book Thief' on Mt. TBR, but I'm not sure that I'll get to it any time soon.

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have "The Book Thief" in my TBR pile, and of course Neil Gaiman's books is a must-read to me. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Book Thief was my #1 book last year. I have Stardust in my pile even though I saw the movie last night;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have The Book Thief on my tbr list - I hope to get to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You will enjoy the rest of Janet Evanovich books. I know I did :) Also I love reading Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series. It good one. Have you read those series yet?

    I wish you luck in finding the books you looking forward to read. Enjoy it and have fun. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard good things about all of those. The Lord John book I read and it was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Book Thief really is wonderful, so hopefully you do manage to read it.

    I've never read anything by Neil Gaiman or Janet Evanovich. I might try them when I'm in need of some lighter reading this year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely the Book Thief is a great read! I read Brotherhood of the Blade...from the library...and thought it was really good too!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, so thanks so much for taking the time. I'll try and return the favour :D