Thursday, 27 December 2007

Booking Through Thursday

This weeks question

What were your favourite books this year?

This one is a bit tricky for me as I only started recording what I read in September on my blog and I have a terrible memory so I'm sure I'll miss many great books out but this is my top ten of 2007.

1) Outlander - Diana Gablondon - I discovered them this year and they rocketed straight into my favourite books of all time list

2) Atonement - Ian McKwen

3) Crow Lake - Mary Lawson

4) Harry Potter and the deathly Hallows - J K Rowling - not my favourite but a good end.

5) The Interpretation of Murder - Jed Rubenfeld

6) The Other Boleyn Girl - Philippa Gregory

7) The Dark Is Rising Book 2 - The Dark is Rising - Susan Cooper

8) The Historian - Elizabeth Kostova

9) Anne of Green Gables - L.M. Montgomery (yes I read it for the first time this year!)

10) Well-behaved women seldom make History - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

7 comments:

  1. I too loved Crow Lake. A book worth re-reading!

    My list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to get 'The Historian' read. I've heard mixed reviews, but I'm definitely intrigued.

    As for 'Outlander': I accidentally read 'The Fiery Cross' a few years ago so I've finally forgotten enough that I'm ready to tackle the series from the start in 2008.

    I've enjoyed looking through your list.

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outlander and Anne of the Green Gable are two of my favorite books. I love them! I've read all of Diana Gabaldon books except for A Breath of Snows and Ashes. Well read it eventually :)

    Happy BTT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not read most of these books and have to admit i struggled with The Historian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I loved Atonement! It was a great read and I'm checking out Ian McEwan's other books as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you enjoyed The Dark is Rising then do read the rest of the series. Greenwitch and The Grey King are every bit as good. The final one perhaps doesn't quite make it but you need to know how it ends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Historian and Harry Potter made my highlights list too. most of the others on your list are on my 2008 to-read list (including Anne of Green Gables, which i have never read)!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments, so thanks so much for taking the time. I'll try and return the favour :D